“Merely supporting sections of the society counter the effects of problems is not a permanent solution. We should focus on removing problems from their roots. To eliminate problems, it is necessary to locate their roots and deal with them permanently. There is no point in depending on the administration for every single issue. As citizens, we too have our duties. Once we realise this and take positive steps, it will not take much time for even small pathways to become highways to progress. What is needed is will and unconditional perseverance.” – Rohit Shelatkar
“Sustainable Organic farming should be strongly implanted in the young farmers mind and the women community should be able to generate additional revenue through their self help groups” – Rohit Shelatkar.
Event: Vatruksha Karyashaal- Focus on teaching organic farming to the young farmers in
Date : 22nd July, 2018.
Venue of the workshop: in the 5 Acres of pure organic farm at Kandane, Malegaon.
Grant Maratha Foundation carefully selected 25 young farmers who are far more receptive and open to new techniques.
Grant Maratha Foundation called upon the Gurus of organic farming – Shri. Jitu Bhai Kutmutia who is an ardent follower of Natueco Farming. (Natueco Farming is a Vedic Farming concept revived & successfully implemented by Shri. Deepak Suchdev, Shri)
Shri Sanjay Patil, Homa Therapy expert , A successful farmer and a practitioner of Vedic Homa Farming Therapy for over 22 yeas, Shri. Ramesh Pawar, award winner of Krushi Bhushan( Honey Bee Farming in Maharashtra) and several other speakers of similar nature ensured that the young farmers wholeheartedly accepted organic farming as their future course of life.
To ensure that these farmers get hands on experience, 5 plots of half acre have been allotted to 25 young farmers in a group of 5 each. To make the organic farming a reality Grand Maratha Foundation has given free
- three different type of organic seeds for multi-crops system.
- Spray kits for each group
- 10 nos of complete organic pesticides and germicides kits to enable them to handle any situation arise from sowing to harvesting.
- Each group received Bee Hive Farming House along with Honey Comb & Bees.
- For operational & successful results, each group was allotted a group leader.
- Their performance will be closely observed and free consultation will be provided by the above speakers to ensure that the young farmers are well equipped with in-depth knowledge about organic farming which will in turn help them in converting their individual farms into organic ones.
- By the end of the crop season, Grand Maratha Foundation would have converted 25 young farmers to organic farming.
- Grand Maratha Foundation will felicitate these farmers with certificates to the 25 farmers at the end of their project.
Event: Vatruksha Karyashaal empowering women to break their limitations
WOMEN SELF HELP GROUPS (Mahila Bachatgat)
Date : 23rd July, 2018.
Venue of the workshop: Zodge village, Malegaon, Nashik, Maharshtra.
Today while celebrating Aashadi Ekadashi with Mahila Bachatagat, all 60 women were introduced to the concepts and methods of marketing their products to bigger markets such tier1 & tier 2 cities. These 6 Bachatgats women (60nos) are involved in making quilt for bed sheets, cushion covers, dish cloth, oven gloves, etc.
Vatruksha Karyashaal workshop educated them about concepts such as brand identity, brand packaging, weaving a brand story, defining the TG, and the efficiency of distribution channel in these cities. They were also exposed to digital marketing. Grand Maratha Foundation has provided complete support for almost 6-9 months with marketing and business consultancy to ensure that these women of Zodge village are able to witness progress.
Grand Maratha Foundation distributed free : Sewing machines and steam irons to each so that they can increase their efficiency at work.
On a lighter note Ashadi Ekashi was celebrated with upvasache jevan & snacks along with prayers & fun activity.
The Young farmers event on organic farming and the workshops for Women self help group have truly shaped the new age farmers and the women self help groups in the long run.