Grand Maratha educational aid to the kids of Vidarbha farm widows March 2016.
Grand Maratha Foundation has been working for the empowerment of widows of Vidarbha and rehabilitation of farmer’s families where the bread earner has committed suicide due to agrarian crisis since 2014. Mr. Rohit Shelatkar of GMF visited Vidarbha and himself identified the families and provided financial help for education of kids and for starting other allied activities in the agrarian and rural sector so that farm widows can earn their livelihood.
Below are the details of educational aid given by Grand Maratha to Vidarbha farm widows kids for the period November 2015 to March 2016.
- Aparna Kawadha for first year degree course of YC Open University,
- Usha Sakhara for first year degree course of YC Open University,
- Rekha Saikheda for first year degree course of YC Open University,
- Savita Mangi for MHCIT computer course,
- Jayant Gawande for Tiroda exam & tution fess for second year Diploma Engg.,
- Mangala Kudmethe for Khadakdoh admission, Tution fees, books, uniform for 12h std. and CET entrance,
- Vaibhav Gurnule for Piwardole Tution fees,
- Rahul Bhusari for Padha exam fess of second year diploma AGRI.,
- Vaibhav Gurnule for Saikheda Exam fess for 12th Std.
- The aid from Grand Maratha foundation was disbursed through Vidarbha Jandnadolan Samiti, activist group who is working for empowerment of poor farm widows since 1998.
- As a future plan, Grand Maratha foundation will provide farmers’ producing unit that will help these farm widows to get proper value addition agriculture produce. We will also provide marketing help and network for input and output.
Computer donation program on 23rd July 2015
On 23rd July 2015, Grand Maratha Foundation donated a Computer to Yeor Municipal School, to enable Computer education and E-learning through the use of Internet. On behalf of Grand Maratha Foundation, Mr. and Mrs. Shelatkar donated one set of Computer with UPS to school officials.
School amenities distributed to underprivileged students at Thane on 27th September 2014
On 27/09/2014, Grand Maratha Foundation had conducted a function to distribute basic and necessary school amenities to underprivileged students at Thane Municipal Corporation School No.9, at Yeoor, Thane, Maharashtra. We were honoured by the presence of Mr. Khairnar, former BMC Deputy Commissioner as Chief Guest for the function. Mr. Khairnar, Mr. and Mrs. Shelatkar distributed the school kits to students on behalf of Grand Maratha Foundation.
General Medical Camp at Kalwa on the 5th November, 2017
Grand Maratha Foundation successfully conducted the General Medical Camp at Kalwa on the 5th Nov, 2017. We managed to test and provide medicine to 350 ladies and around 160 children.
Educational support for brighter future of the kids
Educational Support to Underprivileged Children.
Grand Maratha Foundation provides financial, social and educational support to children of the poor farmers in agrarian crisis hit rural Maharashtra, who are under duress due to suicides by their parents. Grand Maratha Foundation also promotes the awareness of government initiatives, policies, procedures, laws, schemes, etc. targeted at the widows of the farmers, and children of poor farmers.
We help the kids affected by farm suicides, receive good education which gives them a chance to build a better future for themselves, their families and communities.
Education has the power to transform children’s lives, now and for generations to come. Our educational support projects focus on these areas:
- Educational support for underprivileged students.
- Provision of school supplies.
- Providing essential basic amenities.
- Promotion of educational opportunities.
- Educational help for children in remote villages.
- Support for educators.
- Developing and strengthening teachers’ capabilities.
- Provision of libraries.